May 1 – October 31, 2020, $499 / person, DOWNLOAD FLIER AND REGISTRATION FORM HERE.
The Call of the Mountains: A six-month online course with Lyndall Johnson exploring the Mountain archetype.
We all have a deep desire to reach the top and have peak experiences, and yet we sabotage this desire with a refusal to embrace the valley experiences of life. Instead of believing that mountaintop experiences only arrive in the rare moments when everything is going well, this course will address how to attain the mountaintop experience as a more stable condition of life, regardless of our external conditions.
We will explore this theme:
- … through the lens of our own particular “personality type” by having a free MBTI test administered. How do you and those you love experience life and what preferences do you have that may be different to others? There are many people that never want to climb a mountain and those of us that live to do so. There is no right and wrong, and this test helps us work with our inner judgments and prejudices and turn them into acceptance and preferences, freeing us to live less constricted lives. There will be feedback, sharing, and teachings on your personality type and exercises to complete in your own journaling and self-reflection
- … through study of Abraham Maslow’s book on peak experiences and Marsha Sinetar’s book, Monks and Mystics as Ordinary People. You will be provided study questions on which to reflect and journal
- … through weekly teachings and exercises on the Mountain archetype as it applies to your life
- … through six monthly online meetings with your cohort exploring the questions and experiences that arise as a result of your study, with many opportunities to share
- … one question per week from you that will result in a personalized teaching response. Your six personalized teachings during the six-month course can be in the form of a written response or a half hour telephone consultation