Midwifing Death: Conscious Pilgrimage into Light
|Lyndall Johnson, M.A., L.P.||Lora Matz, L.I.C.S.W|
We’re offering the popular Midwifing Death workshop twice in 2019: June 21-23 and Nov 8-10. See our Events Calendar for the details.
TO REGISTER: Contact Lyndall: firstname.lastname@example.org OR (651) 686-8818, ext. 306
$299 for three days (Coffee, tea and light snacks provided. Please bring your own lunch).
All classes are:
Friday, 8:00 am – 4:00 pm, Saturday, 8:30 am – 4:00 pm, Sunday 8:30am – 12:00 noon
To download the trifold brochure, click here: 2019 Midwifing Death Flier
Midwifing Death: Conscious Pilgrimage into Light
Lyndall Johnson, M.A., L.P. Lora Matz, L.I.C.S.W
Friday, 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Saturday, 8:30 am – 4:00 pm
To Register: Register online or bring payment (cash or check) with you for the first class.
15 CEUS: This program is approved by the Minnesota Board of Psychology and the Minnesota Board of Social Work for 15 continuing education hours
Walk-ins are welcome but admission cannot be guaranteed. Call for space availability if registering within one week of seminar.
In a culture that is death phobic the notion of midwifing death is novel. We prepare for birth with many preparations, rituals and intentions. A midwife is a facilitator of transition. It is possible to prepare for death in the same way as we do for the birth of a child. Join us in exploring transformative approaches for being with dying. Learn about the stages of physical death, as well as the energetic and transformational signposts along the way. Learn skills and spiritual practices for easing the transition of death, and the use of ritual and specific practices to be used at the time of death and after.
In the this workshop we will:
- Learn about the stages of dying from a number of different perspectives: physical, emotional, energetic & spiritual. Discuss ways to talk with the dying, and their family members, in a way that creates bridges, connection, that is family centered, culturally and spiritually sensitive.
- Participants will be able to experience and describe several best practices of mind-body/CAM approaches for assisting the dying at each stage of the dying process and understand when these practices might be contraindicated.
o The use of life review-storytelling
o Guided Imagery
o The use of music
o Massage, acupressure, aromatherapy
o The use of individual and family rituals
Outline of Topics Covered
- Learn about the practice of “Presence,” how to best access true presence, and the value in working with the dying from this place of specific ways that will be meaningful, connecting and helpful.
- Have increased knowledge of issues that may arise around talking with family members around issues related to helplessness. Discussion of ways to empower family members to be able to “be with” their loved one at the end of life in specific ways that will be meaningful, connecting & helpful.
- Participants will have an opportunity to each fill out their own brief self-assessment on dying.
- This workshop will be both didactic and heavy on experiential learning of practices that help optimize both a caretaker, and the dying person’s sense of well-being, quality of life, and introduces participants to CAM practices that serve to help bring relief to distressing symptoms, including emotional and existential/spiritual.
Professionals including psychologists, social workers, counselors, marriage and family therapists, educators, coaches, spiritual directors, or anyone interested in their own development.
For a downloadable pdf flier in this offering, click here: 2019 Midwifing Death Flier
What participants say about the workshop on Midwifing Death:
“I found the content of this workshop to be filled with an amazing wealth of knowledge.”
“Excellent! Course content packed – so many wonderful take-away’s – can’t wait to share what I learned.”
“This was an excellent workshop.”
“I only regret it was 2 days. I could and would sign up for a longer class. The energy and sense of personal respect was very alive and attuned to every participant.”
“The presenters created a safe place to share the inevitable pain that surfaced.”
“I leave feeling like I’ve grown decades – all truth came together and is just sitting at peace within me.”
“So real, right to the point, experiential, mystical, transforming…”
“I found the workshop very important at all levels – for dying as well as living a conscious life.”
“The combined wisdom, experience, and deep understanding of living a conscious life that Lyndall and Lora bring to their teachings is a true gift to this earthly world.”
“I would highly recommend this course to anyone open and interested in the evolution of our individual and global consciousness.”
“This gave me a much more positive view of the life moving into death and what a privilege it is to accompany someone in this process.”
“What an amazing experience!”
“This was the most heart-opening seminar I’ve ever attended. It was truly amazing. It really shifted my thinking and feelings about death dying.”
“This was such an amazing workshop. As facilitators your depth of wisdom, knowledge, vulnerability and sharing is inspiring.”
“I learned so much about myself, about life and about death. Attending the “Midwifing Death” training has been profoundly life changing to me and your wisdom shared will impact my life personally and my work professionally.”
“It was a banquet of experiential learning; My heart and soul are so happy I came today.”